Food & Beverage Supervisor
This position focuses on professionalism and providing a superior customer experience. The Food & Beverage Supervisor has an excellent track record in hospitality and thrives in a fast-paced service environment. The Food & Beverage Supervisor must possess in-depth knowledge of food and beverage, build a rapport with guests, and ability to lead a team. The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all food and beverage events in which a Concessions Stand or Bar is placed, while maintaining all MBCC policies and procedures
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Maintain labour costs and budget goals
- Fulfil the service per each Concession and Banquet Event Orders
- Attend in-house event-related meetings as requested by the immediate supervisor
- Main all banquet, concessions and bar equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance
- Maintain a Health Department score of 95% or higher
- Must be creative in designing buffets and coffee break décor
- Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
- Position is very hands-on with excessive interaction with clients during events
- Ordering linen and maintaining uniforms
- Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service
- Position is hands-on with excessive interaction with clients and staff during events
- Inventory control
- Beverage inventory, ordering, receiving, and controls
- Cash handling and banquet checks
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience: 4 -5 years as a Food & Beverage Supervisor OR 3 years as a Head Waiter or Waitress.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit
- Good oral communication skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Genuine interest and understanding of food and drink – wine and cocktail knowledge is essential.
- Ability to be creative with concessions/bar presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail.
- Able to organize time effectively, forward plan and prioritize tasks to ensure workload is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently and use initiative.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to understand and respond to individual guest needs and requirements whilst working with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel.
- Proficiency in the relevant computer applications.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Ability to work irregular hours including, nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Daily contact with the Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Catering Manager and other MBCC employees.
- Directly supervises all hourly Food & Beverage staff
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with MBCC’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to stoop, lift and handle substantial walking.
Montego Bay Convention Centre Jamaica
April 12, 2023